According to a research study by Forrester in 2016, base on 999 consumers in the United States, 71 percent of consumers begin their journeys by using a search engine to discover new products and services, and 74 percent are reported using a search engine for consideration and purchasing (research, comparison, transaction). Thus, if you have a new product or service, you want to place it on the first page so that it is visible to your potential customer when they search for certain keywords via search engines, which might lead to further consideration and purchase.
Research shows that websites on the first search engine results page receive almost 95% of web traffic, leaving only 5% for remaining search results pages. Unless people can’t find what they want, they just don’t really bother going beyond the first page. Therefore, you should definitely aim to place your website on it.
A July 2014 Google organic desktop search study found a 71% Click-Through Rate (CTR) for Page One results while the following Page Two and Three have a combined CTR of just 6%. You can see just how dramatically CTR declines by the exact position in this graph from Advanced Web Ranking for both desktop and mobile, based on the searches from August 2017 and therefore, it concludes the importance of your website position:
Google is arguably the number 1 search engine in the world (at least right now) when we compare it to other search engines as in top 10 most popular search engines like Yahoo and Bing. Google is a ‘Seach Giant’ as people are using it more often than it is 20 years ago due to the improved quality of its search results. An interesting article from searchengineland.com shows the estimation of Google searches per second, minute, day & month:
Years ago, the Google Search Engine Results Page is made up of 3 main sections:
Things have changed and there is a lot more going on in today’s Google SERP, but Google’s mission never changed. It strives its best to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Nowadays, Google presents data and results in many different ways and these include the following:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is about putting your site’s best foot forward when it comes to visibility in search engines. However, bear in mind that your ultimate consumers are still your potential customers (human), not search engines (bots).
SEO helps to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
There are lots of things that impact your website rankings and here are the three most important items that you should consider in order to improve your website SEO scores:
It is possible to rank your website higher up in SERP with time by focusing on improving your SEO scores in each of these three categories. Consult us so that we can suggest you some useful content in order to take advantage of good terms that can earn you more business. We may also suggest organizational or structural changes to your website so that search engine bots and human can easily discover your website. Last but not least, we will also help to search for high-quality sources of links and citations so that you can get organic traffic and nature exposure to the world.
CONTACT US by clicking the link below.